- What is the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run?
- The Discovery 947 Rhythm Run is your chance to light up the night with a high energy dash around the track at the pristine Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit for the second ever Discovery 947 Rhythm Run.
- Last year’s sold out event saw over 7 000 runners create a sea of orange that snaked along the course as the sun set and the lights of the city came up. A pumping soundtrack provided by some of SA’s hottest DJs took the party well into the night.
- 2018 promises all this and more, with another once-a-year chance to take to the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on foot, to test your pace over 4.7km or a double lap of 9km. And the fun’s not over when you cross the finish line as the epic after-party will once again keep you on your feet for a double workout – that really doesn’t feel like work at all!
- When is the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run
- The Discovery 947 Rhythm Run will take place on Saturday, 2 June at 17h30. The Run will start and finish at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit.
- How much is the entry fee and what will I receive in my race pack?
The entry fee is R250.00 per person (non-refundable). Your race pack will include a wristband, timing chip and a complimentary Rhythm Run moisture management t-shirt.
Your entry fee also gets you entry to the after-party.
- How can I enter the Rhythm Run and do I have the option to run/walk?
- Entries are only available online and is limited to the first 7 000 entries. Methods of payment are: credit card and Fast EFT – both are accessible on the online entry system. You have the choice to run/walk, bearing in mind that the event is timed.
- Can anyone enter the Rhythm Run?
Anyone over the age of 18 is able to participate in the Rhythm Run. The event is wheelchair friendly, although no prams or pets will be permitted.
- Can I enter a team?
- Yes! This is an individual event however should you have more than 10 entrants, you can order and pay for vouchers upfront. These voucher codes would then be issued to each participant who would enter individually online and insert their voucher code as payment. Please contact us to purchase voucher codes. Should you have less than 10 participants, you can enter via the online registration and select "add another".
- Vitality Points
4.7km = 800 points
9km = 1100 points
- When is the closing date of the Rhythm Run entries?
- Entries will close on 11 May, or once our capacity of 7 000 has been reached.
- Do I have to qualify for the Rhythm Run?
- You do not need to take part in any qualifying races prior to the Rhythm Run nor do you require a temporary licence.
- Is the Rhythm Run timed?
- Yes. The timing chip provided in your race pack will need to be attached to your running shoe.
- What is the cut off time?
- Participants must complete the first lap within 40 minutes or less in order to commence a second lap.
- Race Pack Delivery
Race packs containing your wristband, Rhythm Run moisture management shirt, and timing tag will be couriered* to you during the 2 weeks leading up to the event.
Please provide correct delivery address details in your entry form. This should be an address within the main centres of JHB / Pretoria, where someone will be available to receive the parcel during the week (preferably a work address).
After 2 failed delivery attempts the race pack will be made available for collection at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on Saturday 2 June, from 15h00.
*Courier deliveries will apply to the main centres of JHB / Pretoria. Participants with addresses in outlying regions will be required to collect their race pack from Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on Saturday 2 June, from 15h00.
- Is there a bag drop-off area?
Yes, you can leave your bag with us whilst you Run.
Please refer to the venue map.
- Will there be safe parking?
Parking is secure within the grounds, and is free for entrants.
The gates to Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit will be open to the public from 15h00 on Saturday 2 June 2018.
No spectators / guests are allowed on the route or at the venue unless the individual is in possession of a supporter’s ticket.
The venue and run is wheelchair friendly.
- Is there a pick-up/drop-off zone?
- Most certainly! This will be located within Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit.
- What is the Rhythm Run After-party?
- This is the entertainment provided by 947 after the run. The entertainment includes 947 presenters and DJ’s.
- Do I have to buy tickets for the After-party?
- The After-party is open only to participants and your race number gets you into the after-party.
- What time does the After-party finish?
- The after-party will finish at 22h00.
- Can my friends who are not running, attend the After-party?
Supporters tickets will be on sale at a cost of R150 per person (excl VAT) and are limited to 3 tickets per entrant.
These tickets do not include a Rhythm Run moisture management t-shirt.
Supporters must be 18 years old or older on the day of the race. Race organisers have the right to verify and request verification of the age of Supporters at any time.
Supporters tickets are non-refundable.
Supporters with valid Supporters access bands will have access to the venue, start waiting area and After-party during specified times only.
Supporters will not have access to the track / routes.
Supporters are required to follow instructions of the marshals, security and race organisers or their appointed representatives.
- Will we be able to freshen up before the After-party?
- There will be an area where you can freshen up in close proximity to the finish area. Regrettably, no showers will be available.
- What must I wear to the Rhythm Run?
- We want to see you in your complimentary Rhythm Run moisture management T-shirt, or your trendy activewear! Wear something fit to party in!
- Will there be food stalls?
- The will be food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for sale. There are ATM facilities and credit/debit cards will be accepted.