Important Information Waiver & Indemnity
Event Info, Date & Times
- The event takes place on Saturday 2 June 2018 at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit.
- The gates to Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit will be open to the public from 15:00 on Saturday 2 June 2018.
- The Discovery 947 Rhythm Run starts at 17h30. Participants will not be able to access the start area after 17h45.
- Participants will be able to run either one lap (4.7km*) or two laps (9km*) of the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit. *distances may vary
- The Discovery 947 Rhythm Run after-party will finish at 22:00. All participants will be required to vacate the premises by 23:00.
Discovery 947 Rhythm Run Cost of entry R250 (including VAT).
- The entry fee is R250.00 per person
- Included in your race pack will be a wristband, timing chip (with your race number printed on it, which links us to all of your important medical information) and a complimentary Rhythm Run Moisture Management T-shirt.
- Your entry fee also gets you entry to the official after-party.
- Only paid entrants will be able to access the venue, routes and after-party.
- Strictly no under 18’s allowed. Race organisers have the right to verify and request verification of the age of participants before, during and after the race.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entries are available to the first 7 000 paid entries up to 11 May 2018 only.
- We will only accept online entries. You will not have the option to pay later. If you have not paid, your entry will not be saved.
- Methods of payment allowed are: Credit Card or Fast EFT - both are accessible from the online entry system.
Speed Lap Entries
- The entry fee for the Speed Lap is R250.00 per person (including VAT).
- The Speed Lap will start at 16:00. Participants will not be able to access the start area until 16h05.
- Speed Lap participants are required to run two laps (9km*) of the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit. *distances may vary
- Speed Lap participants are required to complete the first lap within 30min or less.
- Participants who have not completed their second lap by 17:00 will be swept off the route and returned to the finish area.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front of your complimentary Discovery 947 Rhythm Run moisture management T-shirt.
- No official ASA approved club colours are to be worn. All participants are advised to wear their complimentary Discovery 947 Rhythm Run moisture management T-shirt, or alternatively any other unbranded running attire.
- This is a timed event. No race number, no timing chip, no result and therefore no prize money. You will receive your timing chip in your race pack.
- All instructions from race officials must be obeyed at all times.
- Participants who decide not to complete the second lap will be regarded as non-finishers for the Speed Lap and will not be eligible for prize money.
- Prize winners will only be eligible for prizes if they are wearing an official race number and timing chip
- This event is NOT held under the auspices of the IAAF, ASA or CGA nor any other athletics governing body. The rules and regulations covering this event are solely those as defined in these terms and conditions and as detailed by the event organisers and sponsors.
- Prize money will be awarded to the first three men and women to complete two laps of the course. In order to be eligible for prizes you will need to have crossed all timing mats on route and be verified as the prize winners by the official referees.
- Speed Lap Prize money breakdown as follows:
- Prize winners must be present at prize giving in order to claim their prize.
- Prize giving will take place at 17h20 on the stage on the track, before the start of the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run.
- Objections/appeals must be lodged with the Finish Referee (at the finish area) by latest 16h45.
- Please note that no prize money will be awarded on the day. All prize winners will be contacted and will receive their prize money via EFT approx. 21 days after the event.
- Participants who arrive late will be able to run the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run which starts at 17h30.
- The Race Director for Speed Lap is Bruce King, from Jeppe Quondam Athletics Club, who is also the Race Director for the Pick n Pay Marathon.
- The Race Director’s decision is final.
|1st||R10 000.00||R10 000.00|
|2nd||R5 000.00||R5 000.00|
|3rd||R2 500.00||R2 500.00|
- Supporter’s tickets cost R150 per person (excl VAT) and is limited to 3 tickets per participant.
- Supporter’s tickets are available for pre-purchase with an online run entry until 11 May 2018 only.
- Strictly no under 18’s allowed. Race organisers have the right to verify and request verification of the age of guests at any time.
- Supporter’s tickets are non-refundable.
- Supporters with valid guest access bands will have access to the venue, start waiting area and after-party during specified times only. Supporters will not have access to the track/routes.
- Supporters are required to follow instructions of the marshals, security and race organisers or their appointed representatives.
- Entrants purchasing supporter tickets on behalf of a third party accept these terms and conditions and are deemed to being duly authorised by the third party to accept the terms and conditions on such third party’s behalf and agree to indemnify the organisers and their representatives harmless against all claims.
- Participants are advised to wear their Discovery 947 Rhythm Run t-shirt and suitable active wear which they can run in and also enjoy the after-party in.
- There will be a ‘freshen-up’ area at the finish.
It is recommended that all participants bring along and wear a headlamp during the race.
Bag Drop Off
- There will be a secure bag drop-off area at the start/ finish area.
Race Pack Delivery
- Race packs containing your wristband, Rhythm Run moisture management shirt, and timing tag will be couriered* to you during the 2 weeks leading up to the event.
- Please provide correct delivery address details in your entry form. This should be an address within the main centres of JHB / Pretoria, where someone will be available to receive the parcel during the week (preferably a work address).
- After 2 failed delivery attempts the race pack will be made available for collection at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on Saturday 2 June from 15:00.
- Courier deliveries will apply to the main centres of JHB / Pretoria. Participants with addresses in outlying regions will be required to collect their race pack from Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on Saturday 2 June, from 15:00.
- Each entrant will receive an armband in their Race Pack.
- This armband number must be worn on the allocated entrant’s right arm for the duration of the run and after-party.
- This armband number is essential in terms of emergencies and event logistics.
- Persons accessing the parking, start area, venue and route without a valid 2018 Discovery 947 Rhythm Run unique identifying armband will be removed from the parking, start area, venue and routes.
- Participant may not sell their number, or allow anyone else to run under that number.
- A substitution may be applied for through race office. An administration fee of R50 will be charged per substitution.
- The new participant will need to obtain the armband and t-shirt from the existing entrant.
- Substitutions may be applied for through the race office until 25 May 2018 or at the Queries Kiosk at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on the day of the race.
- T-Shirt exchanges as a result of a substitution may be done at the Queries Kiosk at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on 2 June 2018 between 15:00 and17:00 (subject to availability).
- You will be required to hand in the incorrect size t-shirt in good order.
- There will be one water point on the route and one at the finish.
Cut -off times
- Participants must complete the first lap within 40 minutes or less in order to commence a second lap.
Vitality Points will be awarded to all finishers as follows:
4.7km = 800 points
9km = 1100 points
- Medical support for the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run will be available at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit for the duration of the event.
- Any reasonable medical or emergency evacuation costs incurred on behalf of an entrants during the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run will be for the cost of the entrant.
- Only entrants will be eligible for access into the after-party which will commence when the first runners come through the finish.
- There will be food and beverage vendors at the after-party.
- No under 18’s allowed.
- No t-shirts will be exchanged. Ensure you order the correct size.
- No pets allowed.
- No food, beverages, alcohol, firearms or dangerous weapons may be brought onto the premises.
- Bank card and ATM facilities will be available at the venue.
- The venue is wheelchair friendly.
- No smoking allowed in and around buildings. Smoking will only be permitted in designated smoking area.
- A drop off area will be available (see venue map)
- Only supporters with valid supporter’s tickets will be allowed access into the venue.
- Instructions given by the organiser and race officials must be followed at all times.
- Participants are warned to keep to the left of the track (passing on the right); and to remain on the sections of the track demarcated for them.
No refund shall be given in the event that a participant cancels their entry into the event. The event organiser may consider a refund under exceptional circumstances such as illness and/or any other extraordinary circumstance. In that case, the Event organiser will evaluate a request for refund on its merits and such refund shall be at the discretion of the Event Organiser.
No entry fee shall be refunded to a participant for a cancellation of the Event due to acts of God (so called Force Majeure), which acts shall include but not be limited to adverse weather conditions, riots, strikes, political unrest and/or any other occurrence not within the control of the event organiser
Discovery 947 Squad Competition
- Each entrant who enters and pays for the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run 2018 between 1 March 2018 at 06:00 until 2 March 2018 at 19:00 will qualify for the draw as follows:
- Anele’s Breakfast Club Squad: Enter and pay 1 March 06:00 – 19:00 25 winners will be drawn to be part of Anele’s Breakfast Club Squad
- Zweli & Mantsoe’s Squad: Enter and pay 1 March 19:00 – 2 March 09:00 3 winners will be drawn to be part of Zweli & Mantsoe’s Squad
- Ayanda MVP’s Squad: Enter and pay 2 March 09:00 – 15:00 5 winners will be drawn to be part of Ayanda MVP’s Squad
- Greg & Lucky’s Squad: Enter and pay 2 March 15:00 – 20:00 7 winners will be drawn to be part of Greg & Lucky’s Squad
- All entries received during the periods above will go into each draw
- Winners will receive: An entry for a partner to the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run. A VIP experience for you and your partner at the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run on 2 June 2018. A VIP hamper for one.
- The draw will take place on Monday 5 March 2018
- Winners will be notified by Friday 9 March 2018
- The prize/s is not transferrable, not negotiable, and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Entries that are not received due to technical malfunction will not be eligible.
- A participant will not be eligible to win this competition if they have won a prize on 947 within the past 90 days, whether on-air, online or via any of the station’s social platforms.
- If a participant chosen does not comply, their entry will be disqualified, and a new participant will be randomly drawn.
- In the event that a participant cannot be successfully contacted, is ineligible to accept the prize, or contravenes the terms and conditions of this competition or of 947, the prize will be forfeit.
- 947 reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to participants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- By entering this competition, a participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Employees of Primedia Broadcasting, Discovery, and their immediate family and friends, are not permitted to enter the competition.
- All prizes are not transferable.
- All queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other standard terms and conditions apply.
If you are entering for any person other than yourself (“third party”) then by accepting these terms and conditions, you do so being duly authorised by the third party to accept the terms and conditions on such third party’s behalf and you agree to indemnify the organisers and their representatives harmless against all claims.
Participants take part entirely at their own risk and agree that they shall have no claim whatsoever against the Organising Committee, any individual or official, marshal, assistant, helper or agent, the sponsors or any local authority or their employees, in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever which participants may suffer arising from any injury to their person or loss or damage to their property as a result of, or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, the participants' arrival and departure there from, attendance at registration, prize-giving or other function thereof, however such loss or damage may arise.
Persons taking part in the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run as part of a team and whose entries were made on their behalf are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by virtue of their participation in the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run.
The participant agrees to abide by the rules of the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run, and confirms that she/he has read them, and understands that she/he takes part in the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run at his/her own risk and indemnifies the sponsors and/or organisers against any claim which may result from his/her participation.
The participant further understands that it is his/her responsibility to be medically fit to take part in the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run.
This indemnity applies equally to teams entering under the rules and conditions of entry.
In entering the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run, the participant understands that the Organising Committee will take photographs of the event including participants to the event and she/he consents to such photographs being taken at the event and being used for promotional and publicity purposes at the Organising Committee’s sole discretion.
The participant further understands and accepts that the photographs are and will remain the property of the sponsors and/or organisers.
The personal information which is collected from you and processed by Primedia Proprietary Limited and/or its race organiser is done solely with your consent and in accordance with the Primedia Privacy Notice, available atwww.primedia.co.za
The personal information which you provide to us in completing the online entry form will be processed purely for legitimate Primedia business.
We will not share your personal information further unless Primedia Proprietary Limited so requires in terms of law or in terms of a legitimate business purpose.
Subscriptions and/or Opt-in’s
Please note that in the event that you have selected to unsubscribe and/or opt-out of receiving any newsletters and/or marketing mail you will still receive communication regarding logistics relating to the event you have entered.