Important Information Waiver & Indemnity
Event Info, Date & Times
- The event takes place on Saturday 20 May 2017 at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit.
- The gates to Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit open to the public from 15h00 on Saturday 20 May 2017.
- The Discovery 947 Rhythm Run starts at 17h15. The start will close at 17h30.
Entrants will be able to run either one lap (4.7km) or two laps (9.4km) of the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit. *distances may vary
- The Discovery 947 Rhythm Run After-party will close at 22h00. All persons will be required to vacate the premises by 23h00.
- Entries are open to the first 8 000 paid entries up to 14 May 2017 only.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. Online entries only, with no option to pay later. If you have not paid, your entry will not be saved. Methods of payment allowed are: Credit Card or Fast EFT - both are accessible from the online entry system.
Cost of entry R250 (including VAT).
- The entry fee is R250.00 per person (non-refundable), including courier fee. Your race pack will include a wrist band (with your race number printed on it, which links us to all of your important medical information), final instructions booklet, timing chip and a complimentary Rhythm Run Moisture Management T-shirt. Your entry fee also gets you entry to the After-party. Only paid entrants will be able to access the venue, routes and After-party. *Only entries received up to and including 10 May will receive their race packs via courier. Any entries received 11 - 14 May will be required to collect their race pack from Number Collection at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit from 15:00 on the day of the event.
- Participants must be 18 years old or older on the day of the race. Race organisers have the right to verify and request verification of the age of participants before, during and after the race.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Supporters tickets cost R150 per person (excl VAT) limited to 3 tickets per entrant. Supporters tickets are available for pre-purchase with an online run entry until 14 May 2017 only.
- Supporters must be 18 years old or older on the day of the race. Race organisers have the right to verify and request verification of the age of guests at any time.
- Supporters tickets are non-refundable.
- Supporters with valid guest access bands will have access to the venue, start waiting area and After-party during specified times only. Supporters will not have access to the track / routes.
- Supporters are required to follow instructions of the marshalls, security and race organisers or their appointed representatives.
- Entrants purchasing supporters tickets on behalf of a third party accept these terms and conditions deem to being duly authorised by the third party to accept the terms and conditions on such third party’s behalf and agree to indemnify the organisers and their representatives harmless against all claims
- Participants are advised to wear their Discovery 947 Rhythm Run t-shirt and suitable Activewear they can run and enjoy the After-party in. There will be a ‘freshen-up’ area at the finish.
- All participants are recommended to bring and wear a headlamp in order to participate in the run.
Headlamps will be sold near the start area if you happen to forget yours at home.
Bag Drop Off
- There will be a secure bag drop-off area at the start / finish area.
- Race packs containing your Wristband, Rhythm Run moisture management shirt, timing tag and final instruction booklet will be couriered to you during the week leading up to the event.*Only entries received up to and including 10 May will receive their race packs via courier. Any entries received 11 - 14 May will be required to collect their race pack from Number Collection at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit from 15:00 on the day of the event.
- Please provide correct delivery address details in your entry form where someone will be available to receive the parcel during the week (preferably a work address). Delivery costs resulting after 2 failed delivery attempts will be charged to the entrant.
- Each entrant will be given an armband in their Race Pack. This number must be worn on the allocated entrant’s right arm for the duration of the Run and After-party. This number is vital in terms of emergencies and event logistics.
- Persons accessing the parking, start area, venue and route without a valid 2017 Discovery 947 Rhythm Run unique identifying armband will be removed from the parking, start area, venue and routes.
- No participant may sell their number, or allow anyone else to run under that number. A substitution may be applied for through Race Office. An administration fee of R50 will be charged per substitution.
- The new participant will need to obtain the armband and t-shirt from the existing entrant.
- Substitutions may be applied for through the Race Office until 01 May 2017 or at Queries at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on the day of the race.
- T-Shirts exchanges as a result of a substitution may be done at Queries at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on 20 May 2017 between 15h00 – 17h00 (subject to availability). You will be required to hand in the incorrect size t-shirt in good order.
- There will be a water point on the route and at the finish.
Cut -off times
- Participants must complete the first lap within 40 minutes or less in order to commence a second lap.
- Vitality Point will be awarded as follows:
4.7km = 800 points
9.4km = 1100 points
- Medical support at the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run will be supplied at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit for the duration of the event.
- Any reasonable medical or emergency evacuation costs incurred on behalf of an entrants by the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run will be for the cost of the entrant.
- Only entrants will be eligible for entry into the After-party which will commence when first runners come through finish.
- There will be food and beverage vendors at the After-party .
- No under 18’s allowed.
- No t-shirts will be exchanged. Ensure you order the correct size.
- No pets allowed.
- The Discovery 947 Rhythm Run is not a timed event.
- No food, beverages, alcohol, firearms or dangerous weapons may be brought onto the premises.
- Card and ATM facilities will be available at the venue.
- The venue is wheelchair friendly.
- No smoking allowed in and around buildings. Smoking will only be permitted in designated smoking area.
- There will be a drop off area (see venue map)
- Only spectators with valid guest accreditation will be allowed access to the venue.
- Instructions given by the organiser and race officials must be followed at all times. Participants are warned to keep to the left of the track (passing on the right); and to remain on the sections of the track demarcated for them.
If you are entering for any person other than yourself (“third party”) then by accepting these terms and conditions, you do so being duly authorised by the third party to accept the terms and conditions on such third party’s behalf and you agree to indemnify the organisers and their representatives harmless against all claims.
Participants take part entirely at their own risk and agree that they shall have no claim whatsoever against the Organising Committee, any individual or official, marshal, assistant, helper or agent, the sponsors or any local authority or their employees, in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever which participants may suffer arising from any injury to their person or loss or damage to their property as a result of, or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, the participants' arrival and departure there from, attendance at registration, prize-giving or other function thereof, however such loss or damage may arise. Persons taking part in the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run as part of a team and whose entries were made on their behalf are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by virtue of their participation in the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run.
The participant agrees to abide by the rules of the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run, and confirms that she/he has read them, and understands that she/he takes part in the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run at his/her own risk and indemnifies the sponsors and/or organisers against any claim which may result from his/her participation. The participant further understands that it is his/her responsibility to be medically fit to take part in the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run. This indemnity applies equally to teams entering under the rules and conditions of entry. In entering the Discovery 947 Rhythm Run, the participant understands that the Organising Committee will take photographs of the event including participants to the event and she/he consents to such photographs being taken at the event and being used for promotional and publicity purposes at the Organising Committee’s sole discretion. The participant further understands and accepts that the photographs are and will remain the property of the sponsors and/or organisers.
The personal information which is collected from you and processed by Primedia Proprietary Limited and/or its race organiser is done solely with your consent and in accordance with the Primedia Privacy Notice, available at www.primedia.co.za. The personal information which you provide to us in completing the online entry form will be processed purely for legitimate Primedia business. We will not share your personal information further unless Primedia Proprietary Limited so requires in terms of law or in terms of a legitimate business purpose.
Subscriptions and/or Opt-in’s
Please note that in the event that you have selected to unsubscribe and/or opt-out of receiving any newsletters and/or marketing mail you will still receive communication regarding logistics relating to the event you have entered.